*Have you ever been in a situation where you start talking and the person next to you is so enthusiastic and totally gets you? The more you talk the more you realize you have in common with that person! Today, you get to read a guest post by a blogger who I had that connection with over my first hygge post of the month, Vanessa Cast! She blogs over at Vanessacast.com and writes to mompreneurs about how to step up your business. (I’m loving this post on How to Persuade People To Say Yes!) If you aren’t a mompreneur, stick around she has some great principles that apply to everyone.*
Do you normally experience stress or feel overwhelmed?
Hygge can be live changing for you too.
Two years ago, I was a complete disaster, I felt depressed, we were going through serious economical problems, I had to fight with imposter syndrome, I couldn’t concentrate on anything and some days…I felt I just can’t take it anymore…
But instead of remaining sunk in the difficulties, regretting, I took a step forward and gave a definite turn to the situation.
How I did it?
I found a press article about Hygge that caught my eye.
After reading it, I poured myself a tea and began to review how I was managing my life…
I immediately understood that I needed clarity, serenity and joy. They said that this Hygge way of life will trigger on people, on me.
I started making little changes…
First, I took one entire day to order and clean my house thoroughly, not just standard way, I mean that I conscientiously ordered and threw out everything that was not being used.
Then I bought some aromatic candles and plants, I love the cinnamon smell…
Despite the fact I was working from home, alone, I started dressing up comfy but not dowdy.
And so, I began to apply the philosophy of life hygge my life.
BUT WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BUSINESS HAPPINESS OR EVEN WITH BUSINESS SUCCESS?
As soon as I started to travel this road, my life started to glow and going up.
It turned out that feeling comfortable and serene gave me the clarity to think and focus on the actions I had to take to get out of that situation.
So it was.
We underestimate the power of taking care of ourselves, to take the time to enjoy the little things.
To breath, to smile conscientiously, ….
I’m not going to give you an extensive class about what Hygge is, where it was born and blah blah. There is a plenty of great articles out there where you can find all the technical details, for example: Hygge Explained: What you need to know.
There is a plenty of great articles out there where you can find all the technical details…
I just want to encourage you to live your life not only as a race to reach your goals, but taking the time on the road to enjoy it and give yourself permission to find mental peace to be able to achieve your dreams.
You can download now my free Hygge wallpaper for your phone, just by clicking the picture below.
- Start slowly, do not push yourself, but don’t be so slow that in the end you can’t get out of the dynamic that you are already used to.
- Don’t confuse the Hygge with having a “hippie life”.
The Hygge philosophy is based on enjoying the little things, the pursuit of everyday happiness.
It’s Danes way of life, and they’re considered the happiest people on the planet, despite their long, hard winters.
- Give it an opportunity, at the end (as Michelle Poler says): “What’s the best that can happen?”
- Don’t be so hard on yourself and invest in your happiness. A happy person is a more productive person, so you will be investing directly on your business, besides in your life.
- Be creative, there are a ton of things you can do to live a hygge live and there is a lot of books out there where you can find plenty of ideas and inspiration.
- Spending time with family and loved ones is central to hygge, as is being fully focused on what you’re doing.
- Instead of stocking up on mass-produced items, decorate your home with furniture and accents that are meaningful to you.
- Whatever you do, enjoy it, happiness is a decision.
Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special ─Regina Brett